FH-Prof. DI Dr. Stefan Sauermann started as a researcher at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria (Department for Biomedical Engineering and Physics). He published on acquisition, analysis, reporting and management of biosignals in the field of electrostimulation.
In 1999 he started as a lecturer at University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien (UAS TW) and in 2011 as Program Direcor of the Biomedical Engineering Sciences Master degree study program. He is Key Researcher in the Research Focus „Secure Services, eHealth & Mobility“ at UAS TW and Scientific Coordinator for the “Biomedical Engineering and eHealth” group in the “Department for Biomedical, Health and Sports Engineering” at UAS TW. He is active in national and international projects, connected to the implementation of the electronic healthcare record in Austria (ELGA), and generally in the fields of interoperability and standards for telemonitoring and eHealth.
From 2003 to 2015 he was chair of the “Austrian Standards Institute” committee „Medical Informatics", a mirror to ISO TC215 and CEN TC 251. He is also contributing to standardization within IEEE, HL7 and as founding member of IHE Austria. As moderator of the workgroup "Interoperability - Standards" in the Austrian e-Health Initiative (eHI) of the Austrian Ministry of Health and Women he contributed to the recommendations on IT interoperability for the Austrian healthcare system from 2005 on.
He is active as reviewer for the following journals and conferences: Artificial Organs, Transactions on Information Technology in BioMedicine, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Computers & Electrical Engineering, Frontiers in Medicine, pHealth Conference Proceedings, eHealth Conference Proceedings, Sensors, Technologies.
- Anzeigename: Stefan Sauermann
- E-Mail Adresse: email@example.com
See here for our environment at University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien:
- Biomedical Engineering Sciences (MBE) Master Study Program as study program director
- New name: Medical Engineering and eHealth (MME) from September 2018 on
- MME on facebook
- Department for Biomedical Engineering, Health and Sports Engineering
Things we do here
Forum Spital Link
- Research Focus "Secure Services, eHealth & Mobility", co-lead with Alexander Mense
- "Healthy Interoperability" site with details about our projects
- Our steps towards the Smart Grid: Research Project Integrating the Energy Systems - IES Austria
- Interoperability - an overview, in a nutshell, for beginners
- ICT Standards in Healthcare
- Hottest iron these days: Framework Guideline IT Architecture for large scale telemonitoring in Austria, the public review version
- THE COLLECTION of Medical Device & Hospital Engineering & eHealth & Health IT events
- Biomedical Project Exchange here at Technikum Wien
This has links to the world outside Technikum Wien: networks, contacts, strategies, ...