FH-Prof. DI Dr. Stefan Sauermann started as a researcher at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria (Department for Biomedical Engineering and Physics). He published on acquisition, analysis, reporting and management of biosignals in the field of electrostimulation.
In 1999 he started as a lecturer at University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien (UAS TW) and in 2011 as Program Direcor of the Biomedical Engineering Sciences Master degree study program. He is Key Researcher in the Research Focus „Secure Services, eHealth & Mobility“ at UAS TW and Scientific Coordinator for the “Biomedical Engineering and eHealth” group in the “Department for Biomedical, Health and Sports Engineering” at UAS TW. He is active in national and international projects, connected to the implementation of the electronic healthcare record in Austria (ELGA), and generally in the fields of interoperability and standards for telemonitoring and eHealth.
From 2003 to 2015 he was chair of the “Austrian Standards Institute” committee „Medical Informatics", a mirror to ISO TC215 and CEN TC 251. He is also contributing to standardization within IEEE, HL7 and as founding member of IHE Austria. As moderator of the workgroup "Interoperability - Standards" in the Austrian e-Health Initiative (eHI) of the Austrian Ministry of Health and Women he contributed to the recommendations on IT interoperability for the Austrian healthcare system from 2005 on.
- Anzeigename: Stefan Sauermann
- E-Mail Adresse: firstname.lastname@example.org
See here for the things I do at University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien:
- Biomedical Engineering Sciences Master Study Program as study program director
- Department for Biomedical Engineering, Health and Sports Engineering
- Research Focus "Secure Services, eHealth & Mobility", co-lead with Alexander Mense
- Look at the "Healty Interoperability" site for some of our projects
- Our steps towards the Smart Grid: Research Project Integrating the Energy Systems - IES Austria
Things we do here
- IT for Personal Health: Meet the World in Vienna in May 2017
- eHealth & Health IT - Collection
- Medical Devices & Hospital Engineering - Collection
- Biomedical Project Exchange here at Technikum Wien
This has links to the world outside Technikum Wien: networks, contacts, strategies, ...