Invite others to share
Within the study programs Biomedical Engineering (Bachelor) and Biomedical Engineering Sciences (Master, in September 2018 renamed to Medical Engineering & eHealth) a series of courses was established that use elements of project based learning in groups. We see a clear benefit in these formats, as knowledge only generates progress if it is used in practice.
Our experience is remarkable in that many projects exceeded our expectations by far. We saw students show off their results at international conferences, workshops and publish articles in journals. Fresh forces approaching real world challenges generate a strong innovation drive.
This has impressed even longstanding veterans from research and industry.
We spent a lot of effort in the process of finding project topics and then linking them to groups of students in the courses. It then occurred to us that the projects and individuals better speak for themselves. The Project Exchange therefore enables direct contact between all involved and serves as a platform for connecting external partners, lecturers and students at different stages of their career.
What exactly is the PROJECT EXCHANGE?
The Project Exchange provides information on several levels:
- Which courses are engaging, what are the specific goals, procedures and timelines
- Which results were generated by ongoing and finalized projects
- Which new ideas are on the market and open for cooperation
Based on this information we can then discuss and make decisions for our future:
- Choose a topic for your team project
- Assemble a team around your idea
- Know more about the specific area where you want to be an expert in the future
The Project Exchange therefore starts with presentations from existing projects and courses in the study programs. It further highlights new ideas to be elaborated in the future. Finally discussions will take place in small groups on the projects, ideas and teams that are represented.
in room F0.02 at the ground floor of our main building, Höchstädtplatz 6, 1200 Vienna, Austria.
- Winter Semester 2019: 12th September 2019
- Summer Semester 2019: 21st March 2019
- Winter Semester 2018: 20th September 2018
- Summer Semester 2018: 1st March 2018
- Winter Semester 2017: 14th September 2017
- Summer Semester 2017: 24th February 2017
- Winter Semester 2016: 16th September 2016
- Summer Semester 2016: 18th February 2016
- Winter Semester 2016: 17th September 2015
- Summer Semester 2015: 20th February 2015